On New Year's Eve, we had family over. After putting kids to bed, we started a fire in the fireplace. Once all the family arrived, kids however, made their way back down stairs. Amidst the hussle and bussle of food and good company, everyone was kind of watching Henry, but in reality...no one was. He managed to slip past us and burn his hand on the glass doors of the fireplace.
I felt so horrible. We spent an hour or so in the urgent care getting it wrapped and picking up a super duper prescription for burn cream. By the next morning, other than the slight annoyance at wearing the splint, he was fine. After a few days, and getting the huge blisters drained at the doctor, we were able to remove the splint and he's healing great. Here's a picture of the day after it happened. As you can tell, he's doesn't seem bothered in the slightest.