Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Service

I told Shane a while ago, that since he's a mechanic, I don't think he'll ever run out of ways to serve. People call him about once a week for help or advice on something to do with their cars. Since I married him, I haven't had to spend even one second worrying about cars. He takes care of everything, and I forget how much of a blessing that is.

Shane has this week off from work. Since 1:00 this afternoon, he's been fixing the car of an older couple in our ward. It is now 8:30, and I still don't know when he'll be home. They invited him in for dinner, but other than that, he's been out working. AND, it's snowing today--So its cold. I stopped by with the kids to give him a goodnight kiss and drop off some hot chocolate. He's happy as a camper, and still in a good mood.

I need to try and be more like him. After 7 hours in a garage, I would be a super grump and would do nothing but mumble and complain.

He is a good example to me of kindness and service. I'm blessed to have him in my life, and my kids are lucky to have him as their father.

No comments: