Monday, August 23, 2010

Sunday Evening Drive



On Sunday after church, naps and dinner, we decided to get out and enjoy the evening. It was finally a bit cooler and was nearing sunset, so we set out in search of a nice view. Shane drove us into Seattle and we followed the waterfront from SafeCo Field clear over to Shilhoe Marina (passing through HempFest 2010 along the way). We stopped at the Marina and walked out on the dock near Golden Gardens Park and the view was beautiful. It was quite a bit breezy on the water, and we couldn't stay out for long, but it was amazing. Looking at all the sailboats lined up along the marina, made me really want to have one. The one time I was on a sailboat in Spain, I thought it was amazing--one of the most peaceful and calming experiences I've had in this lifetime. I would love to do it again. We then drove home through Seattle and got home just in time for bed. It was a beautiful night.



Also, I can't forget to mention, it was our 7th anniversary. I felt very blessed to be out and about with my sweet husband and my happy kids. The past 7 years has been good to us.



Here is Emma the Goofball. I'm still trying to figure out transferring the video from Shane's iphone to the computer. So if it doesn't work, I'm sorry.

1 comment:

Poohbear said...

Thanks Carrie for sharing the little sweet moments with your family. How sweet for grandma to see her sweet grandchildren having fun! Thanks again for sharing.