Tuesday, October 30, 2007

HELP! My toddler won't eat...

Ok, any of you have any great ideas? Emma has decided that she no longer is interested in food. From what I read, this is somewhat normal for her age. Apparently, they realize that food is one of the only parts of their life that they can control. She is still drinking lots of milk, (which I'm lacing with liquid vitamins and fiber). But she'll only eat crunchy, starchy foods. Goldfish crackers, graham crackers, chips of all kinds, but nothing good for her at all. She'll sit at meals and have no desire at all to eat. I'm trying not to make it a battle, but it's totally stressing me out! I appreciate any advice or comments you might have for me... I'll try anything. She won't even eat olives any more... :(

4 comments:

The Prices said...

I have never actually had this problem. My children have their father's appetite and metabolism--thank goodness!! They all eat more than both my husband and I. My brother has had this problem, however, with his kids and the doctor said not to give them snacks and to cut back on their milk. That way they will be hungry at meal times and after a few days eventually eat--I know, easier said than done. They also started saving the meals they didn't eat--this worked pretty good. If they didn't eat their dinner then they would have to eat it for breakfast, etc...The kids didn't like that so they started eating when it was given to them. Hope this helps!
Sunny

Leslie said...

I am sorry. Kylee wasn't a real great eater when she was younger, but now she does pretty well. She has her good days and bad days. With Kylee, I will put out her lunch and she won't eat it and I will just keep it there and eventually, she will come and eat some. It was just that she wasn't hungry at that moment. I hope she gets better for you. This too shall pass!! :) Love ya lots

Unknown said...

Thanks girls for the input...my next move is start cutting back a little on milk (it's so hard, though!), she finally had a bowl of cereal this morning. I've been able to get her to each chips dipped in various things. So far she'll eat chips with Avacado and chips dipped in Hummus...weird. We're still not where she needs to be, but my stress level has gone down a little bit...Thank goodness!

raoul said...

Try this: Can you show mommy how the little piggies eat? Oink, oink. That's right! Works everytime. Plus, you can post the results on this blog.