Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving Day!

I am absolutely addicted to cooking and the Food Network. Even though we are splitting Thanksgiving between my parents and Shane's parents, I still bought everything to make Thanksgiving dinner. So on Sunday, I'm going to cook us our own little Thanksgiving so I can try all these new recipes, and of course have leftovers.

I tried this last year, and it was so great! From Emeril Lagasse, Fresh Cranberry Compote, really easy to make and so much tastier than the can!

I'm going to try these from Martha Stewart's website... I am one that swore, I'd never love Martha, but I really am starting to! I learned on her show how to make homemade chicken stock, and I tried it yesterday! It actually turned out pretty good! I was surprised! :)

Anyway, here are a few recipes, all from Martha's site that I'm going to try.

Green Bean Casserole with Fried Shallots




Cornbread, Pecan & Wild Mushroom Stuffing



It just looks so yummy! I can't wait to try it all!

1 comment:

AJ said...

Oh who doesn't love Martha? Just to let you know they sell her magazine and Real Simple on e-bay for sooo cheap. Food network= heaven! We don't have a tv but my best friend heather does and she records Paula Dean and Ace of Cakes for me. Paula Dean made deep fried stuffing on a stick and it looked so good! We also made her fried raviolis and they were delicious. That stuffing looks unreal. I made dinner this year and I cooked my turkey in a bag...it was so easy, so fast and turned out good.
Good luck with the cooking!