1. I had a dr. appointment this morning, so I didn't have to go to work! Got to sleep in.
2. It was Emma's first day of preschool and dance today. She burst into our room first thing in the morning and announced, "I gotta go to school today, hurry we're going to be late! I'll put on my clothes, hurry!" We had laid her clothes out the night before and she was so disappointed when she realized that she had a couple of hours before school started. She got dressed all by herself.
3. Shane & Emma drove me to my appointment, and then went to Emma's first day of school. Sad I missed it, but I got to have the most amazing ultra-sound. I'm only at 13 weeks, so the baby is only 3 inches. I haven't felt any movement yet, but little mr./mrs. reckling was waving, rolling, kicking, sucking on fingers, and just playing around so much. It's not like I forget that I'm pregnant, but I forget how much the little kiddo is moving around. It was so fun to watch. I was sad that Shane missed it. The baby really looks like a baby now, and not so alien-like, so it was just great to watch. I had the NT test done today, and everything looked good, which was a relief.
4. Emma LOVED school. Since it was the first day, it was only for an hour, and Shane got to stay and watch. She played with stamps, painted, drew on a canvas bag that she gets to use for her school bag, and play in the water tub. When she left, the only thing she said was, "I didn't get to play with the blocks yet!" I think she'll look forward to all the fun activities she gets to do in such a short amount of time.
5. After school, Shane & Emma came to pick me up. We dropped Shane off at work, and then sped to Emma's dance class back in Issaquah. Emma looked so cute in her little pink leotard and tights and ballet shoes. She spent the first 10 minutes of the class, pretending to be a PUPPY! I had to physically restrain myself from opening the door and yelling, "No puppies allowed in dance class!" But she finally got over her nervousness and danced around with the teacher. There are only 4 girls in the class, and it is going to be SO FUN for Emma. She has her friend Caylee in the class too. She loved it. She even got to put on her tap shoes for a little while and stomp around with the teacher. Emma's favorite: She got a shiny sticker at the end. Her teacher is Miss Robyn.
6. Bike ride before bed...Emma finally has gotten over her fear of the bike. She still only rides in slow motion, but she is making progress. She'll ride all by herself. She looked at me and asked, "Mom, am I doing fantastic?" I guess I say fantastic too much.
A good day right? I'm grateful that I have good days like this. I'd do this day over again in a heartbeat.
Video to come...of school, puppy at dance class, and the big girl riding her bike.