Thursday, September 24, 2009

Busy, busy, busy...

So, no pictures or videos this week. To be honest, I can't find my camera so who knows when there will be pictures again. Here are some highlights of the week.

Emma LOVES school. She was so happy to finally go to school this week without Shane there helping. She thinks she's such a big girl. Her best friend is a little boy named Jacob. They always run and meet each other to play.

Emma and I had an interesting conversation in the car this week. We were getting off the freeway and a police officer had someone pulled over on the side of the road. As we passed, Emma said, "Jerkface!" While trying not to laugh, I told that was not a nice thing to say, we don't say that about anybody, because it's not nice. I told her we need to use nice words. (A hot topic in our family prayers, is to help us remember to use nice words--since it's occasionally a struggle.) She was quiet for a few minutes and then asked me. "Does Heavenly Father hear what we say?" We had a little chat about Him hearing everything we say, and even things we think, so we need to say and think only nice words. She then got her really sad voice and said, "I'm so sorry....". That night in her prayers, she told Heavenly Father she was sorry for not saying nice words. I thought it was so sweet to hear her think of it on her own, and be worried about what Heavenly Father can and can't hear. I guess some of what she's learning in church and FHE is sinking in.

Bellevue College classes started this week, so life for me is busy on Mondays and Wednesdays. I have one huge class, and one small class. This is my first quarter teaching two classes. I'm looking forward to the $, but not the busy days. Emma gets to go to Uncle Pete's house on those days to play with Zoey and Bugsy. She loves it.

Shane spends every spare minute he has on homework for school, so life is busy for him, too. I'm sad that our next big break won't be until December. I could use some good time off to relax and play. Oh well, it'll make it all the more sweet when it comes at the end of the year.

Life moves on at the Reckling house. Baby is doing fine, I haven't been sick for a few weeks now, and I've started to feel the baby move a little which has been fun. Only about a month until we find out what we're having. I can't wait. I'll be excited for a boy or a girl.

1 comment:

Tom and Emily said...

We can't wait to hear what your having....