Thursday, April 3, 2008

Conference time...



Spring Conference time is one of my favorite times of year. I am so ready for some spritual uplifting...nothing better than beautiful weather and beautiful words.

I remember going with some friends back in Utah (15+ years ago), and we layed out blankets on the temple square grounds and we listened to conference as we snacked, relaxed and enjoyed the beauty of temple square. One of my favorite Utah/friends memories.

I'm excited for our first conference with President Monson as the Prophet, and I'm especially looking forward to relaxing on the couch with Emma and Shane, and NOT feeling guilty about it.

I have also always loved conference on Saturday nights. Growing up with five brothers, it was one of those special times that was a girl's night out with just my mom and I, because the boys were all out at priesthood session. Now, I love it because we take Emma, and we're adding more and more sisters-in-law as time goes by, and it still is such a fun night of the year.

I hope you all enjoy conference!

1 comment:

The Prices said...

That is a really fun tradition to do with the girls in the family. I think that I might start doing it once my boys are old enough to go to priesthood.